Sunday, October 7, 2012

3D to 2D



The Ugly Fledgling



I chose to use my destroyed piece from the It's About Time project for this. When I see it, I see this weird freak of nature, almost a Frankenstein's monster (just in time for Halloween!). Then I thought of the Ugly Duckling, and the phrase "A face only a mother could love". Perfect for this project! I decided to use a HD photo of a penguin family, covering the chick in the photo with my piece, which once upon a time was a penguin. I did some manipulating to make it blend in with the environment of the photo, then changed it to sepia and added some graininess. Voila! An old photo! I really like how it turned out, because it shows the contrast between the elegance and smooth surfaces of the penguins in comparison to the rough, odd looking form from my IAT piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment