Friday, October 5, 2012

Masked Identity






Dragons are known for several things: their shining scales, fearsome gait, their molten breath, their battles with gallant knights. There is another detail that is prevalent, but perhaps less thought of. This aspect speaks to me moreso than the others. Dragons are known for their hoards, hoards of gold, silver, treasures beyond our grandest dreams. Many knights in fact may not be rescuing a damsel in distress, but may actually be going after their treasury.

For me, I actually do not have such a vault of treasures beyond compare. On the contrary, it is the THOUGHT of having such that has such an impact on my life. I do not have much in life. Besides a few "high-end" things, which I am very thankful for, I have very little. I work part-time while going to school, and send money back home to help support my family when I have excess. I don't work enough, therefore, to be able to shop at the more expensive stores. I can't walk around with $200 boots on my feet and a $75 scarf around my neck. I take what I can get. Most of my shirts have been   ngtfg0?";hpurchased for $5 or less, my jeans $25 or less.

The dragon itself, which is exhibited through form I have created, signifies this desire to have these nice things in life. The shopping bags from such places as Saks Off Fifth Avenue, New York & Co., and Jones New York, are the goods themself. They're strewn about me in a way that signifies the closeness I wish to have with these items; I'd like to make them an every day part of my life. The simplicity of the wooded area in which I have taken the pictures signifies outside forces that cause me to be unable to afford these wonderful things, force me to be frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment